Friday, January 24, 2014

Smog Score in Hybrids; Levi

I did a project that involved the statistical analysis of the smog score for hybrid vehicles. The smog score is based on how much emission it has from itself. I did go into other data about other things for hybrid vehicles. Overall I spent about 11 hours and 21 minutes on this project. I decided to blog about this project because it was my favorite and I loved this project. I love learning about vehicle data and things about vehicles, but hybrid vehicles are the most interest to me. So I went into detail about different hybrid vehicle smog scoring. The smog score is based on how much CO2 is executed from the exhaust pipe per so many miles.

In my graph you can see that hybrids have got more better on the scale scores. You can see that from 2000 to 2003 there was one that was pretty good compared to the rest. Hybrids get better but there are still a few that are at 5 for their score and there are none at 10. There are a few vehicle companies that made hybrids that are at 6 and below in 2008 and newer years.  These would be Chevy, Buick, BMW and Infinity that made a few hybrids that were at 6 and below. There was one company that stayed strong and that was Toyota with good scores. They have stayed good all the years from 2001 to 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment