Friday, January 23, 2015

Fav Stats Project

     When I first signed up for statistics, I was not expecting so many projects.  There was a lot of homework and videos to watch but there was almost a project for every section. This really made it a lot easier to learn the material needed for the quizzes and tests.


     My favorite project throughout the entire course of statistics was our GapMinder project.  My partner, Mara, and I compared the murders (per 100,000 people) and children per women (total fertility).  The countries we mainly focused the results on were Guatemala, China, Sri Lanka because they were the ones who showed the most movement when we were observing our graphs.

     We later learned that these two factors were, for the most part, related to each other because it seemed the higher the population, the higher the murder rates; not counting all the other events happening within the countries contributing to the results.

     This is my favorite project because it allowed us to use what we have learned so far in stats, and apply it to our presentations.  This helped me better understand this unit far more successfully than any other project we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment